The purpose of the Summer Chaplain is to be an onsite presence attending to the spiritual needs of camp guests and staff. There are some basic expectations (see below) for all chaplains. Additionally, our hope is that people will engage their unique gifts and graces working in collaboration with the board to further God's work through camping. Our goal is to provide as much latitude and support as possible for your time and camp to be meaningful to both you and our ministries.
- Ordained United Methodist Elder or Deacon in good standing with local conference.
- 5+ years experience in local church ministry.
- Willingness to serve others and provide spiritual care for both church and secular organizations hosted at camp.
- Ability to provide meaningful weekly worship.
- Provide weekly Sunday morning worship.
- Provide pastoral care for camp staff.
- Develop opportunities based on personal interest and gifts.
- Assist in camp programing.
- Be generally available for tasks as needed.
- This is a volunteer position, no financial support is offered.
- Room and board provided by camp for chaplain and spouse.
- Additional no-cost guests negotiable.
- Private cabin with bathroom provided for chaplain and spouse.
- Alternatively, RV spot with electric and water hookups with onsite dumping.
- One (1) small dog negotiable.